IRONMAN Oceania Volunteer Waiver
Our goal is to provide a safe happy environment for staff, volunteers, suppliers, sponsors, competitors, spectators and general public whilst they are at the event. By reading and complying with the contents of this form we will achieve this goal together and provide a great race experience.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
- In taking all reasonably practical steps we will provide you with an environment where hazards and risks are identified and controlled inclusive of all plant and structures.
- We will provide you with the information, training, instruction or supervision necessary to protect you against risks and allow you to perform your role in a safe manner.
- In return we ask that you take reasonable care of your own health and safety, perform your duties in a safe manner, and ensure any acts or omissions on your part do not endanger the health and safety of those around you.
- If you observe anyone behaving in an unsafe manner, please immediately bring it to the attention of your supervisor.
- In addition, we ask that you comply with any instructions, policies or procedures that the event brings to your attention allowing them to comply with Health and Safety legislation.
If you witness an accident please ensure the area is safe before entering, prevent further injuries/accidents and assess the situation.
REMEMBER - Your safety is paramount and at no time should you put yourself at risk.
- Attend any appropriate briefings.
- Wear all personal protective equipment provided, closed in shoes, hats and sunscreen where appropriate.
- Be aware of the location of medical equipment and personnel.
- Sign on and off duty with your manager allowing for all volunteers to be accounted for in an emergency situation.
- Be vigilant for hazards, where identified, fix the hazard or bring it to the immediate attention of your manager.
I acknowledge that I am responsible for my personal possessions and equipment during the Event.
If my duty involves working on a road, I confirm that I am 18 years of age or over.
As a parent/caregiver or guardian I accept and take full responsibility for any children under my care.
We hope the above provides clear direction and understanding during your time as a member our Team. If you require further information please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org pre event or your area manager on during the event.
As a member of the volunteer team, I have read, understand and agree with the contents of this form.
I agree to allow my photograph, video, multimedia or film likeness and or name to be used for any legitimate purpose by the event, its sponsors or assigns without notification, payment or compensation.
I waive, release and discharge from any and all liability claims or actions of any kind whatsoever and however occurring, together with any legal fees incurred as a result of any such claim whether it is valid or not, which I at any time had or have as a result of or in connection with the event, their sponsors, staff, contractors and other volunteers.
Lastly, thank you once again for volunteering, your contribution is greatly appreciated by all those who play a part in the success of this year's event.